About DESCRIBE® PFD PATCH
RETHINK THE WAY YOU REMOVE YOUR INK
You have a tattoo you regret – for whatever reason. You’ve also heard stories about the time and discomfort associated with laser tattoo removal, so you’re not a fan. But maybe it’s time to rethink the process. Introducing the DESCRIBE® PFD Patch, that supports laser treatment in a faster, safer and more effective way to remove tattoos.*
A LITTLE PATCH MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
We’re talking about a small, square silicone patch infused with PFD liquid. When used as an accessory to laser tattoo removal, this combination makes it possible to perform more laser passes during a single treatment, which means your tattoo may be gone sooner than you think.1,2
* In comparison to treatment without the Patch.
1. Biesman B, O'Neil M, Costner C. Rapid, high-fluence multi-pass Q-switched laser treatment of tattoos with a transparent perfluorodecalin-infused patch: a pilot study. Lasers Surg Med. 2015;47(8):613-618.
2. Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Anolik R, et al. Topical Perfluorodecalin Resolves Immediate Whitening Reactions and Allows Rapid Effective Multiple Pass Treatment of Tattoos. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;45(2):75-80.;
For full product and safety information, please check your local IFU.
When ten or more visits to a doctor’s office can be required, and with wait times of four to six weeks between treatment sessions, a completed laser tattoo removal can take over a year.1,2 Now there’s a new way. The DESCRIBE® Patch is a faster, safer and more effective tattoo removal experience.*,1,3
- Faster resolution of laser-induced whitening.*,**,4
- Faster whitening resolution means more passes per visit, which may help you and your patients save time.3,4
- Less tissue injury during a visit can translate to reduced time between treatment sessions.
- A majority of patients showed more rapid clearance of treated tattoos.*,1,3
- Provides a physical barrier that may protect both you and your patients from potential laser-generated airborne contaminants.1,3
- Protects the epidermis from thermal injury by allowing heat absorption by the silicone patch.1
- The Patch and PFD help with the treatment area’s heat tolerance.1,3
AN EFFECTIVE COMBINATION
The DESCRIBE® Patch is a single-use optical clearing device used during laser tattoo removal. The silicone Patch is infused with the optical clearing agent Perfluorodecalin (PFD).1,3 Together, this combination offers advantages for you and your patients.
*Compared to treatment without the Patch.
**Laser-induced whitening reactions resolved in 5 seconds with PFD and 20 minutes without it.
1. Biesman BS, Costner C. Evaluation of a transparent perfluorodecalin-infused
patch as an adjunct to laser-assisted tattoo removal: A pivotal trial. Lasers Surg Med. 2017;49(4):335-340.;
2. Bernstein EF. Laser tattoo removal. Semin Plast Surg. 2007;21(3):175-192.
3. Biesman BS, O'Neil MP, Coster C. Rapid, high-fluence multi-pass Q-switched laser treatment of tattoos with a transparent perfluorodecalin-infused patch: A pilot study. Lasers Surg Med. 2015;47(8):613-8.
4. Reddy KK, Brauer JA, Anolik R, et al. Topical perfluorodecalin resolves immediate whitening reactions and allows rapid effective multiple pass treatment of tattoos. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;45:75-80.